Novembar’s Cafe & Takeaway, Dianella
It is the very unusual menu items that drew me to Novembar, though it is the attention to producing a fun and quality hamburger experience that makes it such a great place to eat. If you are a food adventurer or burger aficionado, there are quite a few burgers on the menu you should try, and it will take you quite a few visits to sample them. Some of the burgers were created just for fun, the owner not rally expecting people to actually buy them, but he has been surprised that there have been some takers for the $1000 Hello Burger.
I feel a bit like a cheat only ordering just the Lot Burger, but it enabled me to compare it to other burger joints. The bun was nicely toasted, the patty handmade and moist, and containing a good amount of bacon, cheese and egg. It certainly would rank as a great burger. Now that I have had the standard, I’m going to return, and maybe even try the Fatboy!
Another reason to come back to this place is the owner Minh Van, it is very refreshing to be served by such a genuinely friendly person. He is happy to tell you all about his burgers and the issues he has with the health police! If you don’t agree with super-sized high kilojoule takeaway food, don’t go there. If you don’t agree with risking hospitalisation with a hyper chilli burger, choose something milder on the menu.
Here are some of the menu highlights:
- Fat Boy ‘Man v Fat-Boy challenge – pay $1/minute for this 7-pattie burger
- Red Face and Runny Nose Burger: chili burger that uses the Bhut Jolokia, the worlds hottest chili. You have to sign a disclaimer and risk hospitalisation if you try this one. This is free if you finish it in less than 10 minutes.
- fried ice-cream burger
- Hello Burger – 101 patty burger for $1000
- Beach Girl Burger – a real bikini clad beach girl between a couple of buns
- and my favourite – the scent burger, so small it is basically the scent of a burger.
Other Things You Should Know
- they also have chips, pizza, pasta, chicken, steak, seafood and coffee
- open every day except Tuesday
- make sure you are hungry before you go
Location & Contact
- address: 4 Bayley St, Dianella, WA 6059
- phone: 08 9275 7788