A simple but lovely recipe for a popular green vegetable in Bali called kangkung, or water spinach. Totally overused in Bali as it grows so well. It is not an overly exciting green, so you could use something different if you like, or if you can’t find it.
- large bunch of water spinach (or other green veg)
- 1/4 chili
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Fry up the onion, garlic and chili until soft
- Add the tomato and sauces for 2 minutes
- Add in the water spinach on high heat, and toss to cook and cover with the sauce.
- Eat on its own or serve with the ayam sambal matah